RB Leipzig celebrated a big 6-1 victory against FC Schalke 04 on Tuesday evening. André Silva marked his 50th Bundesliga game with a brace against the Royal Blues. Yussuf Poulsen also recorded a new milestone, and is now Leipzig’s all-time top goalscorer from off the bench (7 goals). We’ve summed up all the best stats and facts following tonight’s win.
More on #S04RBL:
- Dani Olmo was involved in three goals against Schalke, in his 75th Bundesliga game. He provided two assists before scoring a stunning lob to make it 5-1 – his 20th goal for the club.
- Olmo’s goal to make it 5-1 had a goal probability of 1.34%, making it the most unpredictable goal of this season.
- André Silva scored a brace, taking him onto four goals and eight assists in the Bundesliga this season. He has now scored 26 career goals for RBL, while this was his fourth brace for the club.
- Timo Werner scored his fifth Bundesliga goal of the season, having previously set up Silva’s opening goal. He has now been involved in 15 goals in 18 matches across all competitions in 2022/23 (10 goals, 5 assists) and has had a hand in 150 goals for RBL.
- Benjamin Henrichs scored his first Bundesliga goal of the season.
- Yussuf Poulsen also got off the mark in 2022/23, scoring his first league goal of the season. Yussi has now scored seven goals as a substitute in the Bundesliga, making him Leipzig’s record goalscorer from off the bench.
- 15 different players have scored for RBL this season.
- With defender Benjamin Henrichs getting on the scoresheet, a total of seven defenders have found the back of the net for us this term.
- RBL extend their unbeaten run to 15 games across all competitions, while they are currently unbeaten in their last 10 in the Bundesliga.
- Leipzig are on a four-game winning run against Schalke, having scored 17 times and conceded just once in this time.
- We have scored in 15 consecutive matches.
- Despite a bumpy start to the season, RBL have won each of their last four away games under Marco Rose, including their last three in the Bundesliga.
- RBL are unbeaten in their last 26 matches against promoted sides.
- Our 6-1 win against Schalke was our biggest victory this Bundesliga season and our third-biggest away win in the division (also 6-1 at Greuther Fürth and Hertha BSC, both in 2021/22).
- RB Leipzig end the first half of the season with 32 points, 10 more points than at this stage last term.
- In the period since Marco Rose took charge, no other Bundesliga side has picked up more points than RB Leipzig (27 in 12 games).
- Kevin Kampl was shown his fifth yellow card of the season and will therefore be suspended for the match against Stuttgart.
- Mohamed Simakan (muscle issues) and Abdou Diallo(knee pain) did not feature against Schalke.
- Distance covered (km): Konrad Laimer – 11.1
- Shots: Dani Olmo – 5
- Challenge success rate: Dani Olmo und Marcel Halstenberg – 75%
- Touches: Joško Gvardiol and Willi Orbán – 82
- Passes: Joško Gvardiol – 70
- Top speed: Joško Gvardiol – 33.87 km/h
- RBL enjoyed 55% possession.
- We were successful with 431 of 514 Pässen (84%).
- RBL had 14 shots on goal to Schalke’s one.
- Leipzig had six corners, while Schalke had just one.