Here's what the team had to say:after the game at FC Augsburg.
- "I think that overall it's a fair draw. You can see that in the statistics. I don't always put too much emphasis on that, but they are very balanced. Overall, we saw a very intense and top-class Bundesliga game with a lot of football.
I think we had it well under control until the score was 0-1. It turned out to be exactly the game we discussed and expected. We were able to calm the game well and had good periods of possession. We always had to watch out for the simple counterattacks. After the 0-1 we came back and then led 2-1 maybe undeservedly.
Then it was clear that even more space would open up for us. We get the chance to make it 3-1 and then concede the equalizer on the counterattack. And that's exactly what shouldn't happen to you.
After that it was very open again and we still had the chance to make it 3-2 with the penalty. In the end I have to settle for a draw.”
- "The bottom line is that it's not enough for us today. We came out of the locker room very well, especially in the second half. After taking the lead, we conceded the second goal too easily. In the end, we had another great chance with the penalty to take the three points here. We didn't manage to do that, so we're a bit disappointed.
I made my debut after the injury last week in the starting eleven and felt good. Today I played again for about 70 minutes. I just try to help the team. Hopefully I can play 90 minutes again soon.
Things are now going to continue in quick succession. We have to recover quickly. We have a difficult home game in the Champions League with Real Madrid on Tuesday."
- "It's our own fault today. We conceded another goal on the counterattack, even though we could have made it 3-1 moments before. We still took to the conditions here really well and were able to create good chances to score. And we came back despite being behind in Augsburg.
In the end we also earned the penalty. But we cannot be satisfied today. We have to win games like today, but we will analyze it. Now we have a challenge at home with Real Madrid on Tuesday. We'll adapt to that."
- "We really wanted to win the game to stay in fourth place. We did our best, but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Now we have to prepare for the next game.
I scored a nice header goal after a great cross from David Raum. I know I can hit with my head too. Overall, things are going well for me. I'm trying to give everything for the club, and I just want to keep going.”
- "We knew all week that today would be a very difficult game. We were prepared for that. We had enough chances to win the game, and that would have been very important for us. Unfortunately we couldn't convert the penalty, but that can happen. We have to do better next time, but overall we showed a good performance.
We'll put the game behind us now and focus on Real Madrid. It will be the biggest game of my career. They are of course very strong, but beatable. We can do it and we will be more than 100 percent ready.”