Matchday 4 in the UEFA Champions League!
RB Leipzig are back in European action on Tuesday night (21:00 CET) away to Crvena Zvezda in Belgrade. After winning 3-1 in the home fixture last time out in the competition, our boys now want to take the next step towards qualifying for the knockouts.
Head coach Marco Rose discussed the plan for Serbia and gave an update on his squad at the pre-match press conference on Monday night.
We have summarised the most important quotes for you.
Squad news | 6th NOVEMBER
- Timo Werner has stayed in Leipzig due to an infection. He will therefore not feature in Belgrade.
- Yussuf Poulsen only completed parts of the final training session before the game at the Stadion Rajko Mitic due to a minor adductor problem. A decision on the forward will be made tomorrow.
Read more team news in our squad update.
Who is fit? Who is unavailable?
Marco Rose on...
...the away game in Belgrade
- "The lads have already played in one or two really loud stadiums. They are familiar with a good atmosphere, but we are also aware of how special it is here. The relationship between the team and the fans is unique. The fans cheer their players on throughout the whole game. We have to be ready to tackle this special unity between their stadium, fans and the team.”
...Timo Werner and Yussuf Poulsen
- "Timo has an infection and therefore stayed at home in Leipzig. The current state of his health does not allow him to play. Yussi completed parts of training tonight. He felt something around his adductor and we need to keep an eye on that. We will have to make a decision before the game tomorrow.”
Marco Rose on...
...the defeats in Mainz and Wolfsburg
- "We’re all unhappy with the last two results. We’ve got the chance tomorrow to put things right and that is our goal.
A small few things were missing in these two games, but they can often make a huge difference. We have to continue to work on ourselves and eke out a win. The best place to do that would be here in Belgrade.”