RB Leipzig are through to the round of 16 in the Champions League, following a 2-1 win in Belgrade. Read on for all the best stats and facts from the match!
More on #ZVERBL
- Marco Rose made three changes to the starting XI, bringing in Amadou Haidara, Emil Forsberg and Benjamin Sesko for Lukas Klostermann, Kevin Kampl and Christoph Baumgartner (all on the bench).
- Benjamin Sesko made his first start in the Champions League for RBL.
- Emil Forsberg wore the captain's armband for the second time in the Champions League. His first game as RBL captain in the competition came on 4th October against Manchester City (matchday 2).
- Janis Blaswich made his 10th appearance in the Champions League.
- Castello Jr. was shown his first yellow card in this season's competition, with Mohamed Simakan and Benjamin Henrichs picking up their second.
- RB Leipzig have now scored 75 goals in Europe's premier cup competition.
- Xavi opened the scoring with what was his second Champions League goal this season and overall. He previously scoredd a stunning strike in the reverse leg against Zvezda.
- Lois Openda also netted his second goal in the Champions League this season, having previously found the back of the net against Man City on matchday 2. He was also named the Man of the Match following yesterday's match in Belgrade.
- Xaver Schlager set up both goals in our 2-1 win - the first two goals he's helped set up in the Champions League.
- With the win, we are guaranteed to finish in the top two in our group. Together with Manchester City (1st, 12 points), we have already booked our place in the round of 16 (2nd, 9 points).
- RBL have reached the round of 16 in the Champions League for the fourth time after 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2022/23.
- For the first time, we have qualified for the knockout stage with games to spare. Previously, we had only ever sealed qualification on the final group stage matchday.
- RBL enjoyed 51% possesssion.
- RBL played 458 passes and were successful with 83% of them, compared to 81% for Zvezda.
- We had 24 shots to Zvezda's 15.
- RBL won 52% of their duels.