RBL won 3-1 at home against SC Freiburg. Read on for all the best facts from the game.
More news on our win over Freiburg
- Marco Rose made one change to his starting eleven from the match against Crvena zvezda, with Lukas Klostermann replacing Benjamin Henrichs.
- Timo Werner (infection) and Yussuf Poulsen (adductor issues) returned after missing the trip to Belgrade.
- Péter Gulácsi picked up a toe injury in the final training session on Saturday and pulled up in the warm-up before the Freiburg game. Leopold Zingerle took his place as the back-up goalkeeper.
- Amadou Haidara and Lois Openda picked up yellow cards.
- Xavi scored his fourth goal of the season and therefore recorded his tenth goal involvement in 11 Bundesliga games for RBL (four goals, six assists).
Our number 20 scored early in the game once again (6'). He had previously netted in the first eight minutes against Augsburg (6') and in the previous match in Belgrade (8').
- A ninth goal of the season for Lois Openda! And also his first from a penalty for RBL. Also, six of Lois' nine goals have come in the Red Bull Arena.
- Christoph Baumgartner is on fire! Our midfielder scored his second goal of the season, won the penalty to make it 2-1 and has been directly involved in five goals in the last four league games (two goals, three assists).
- Xavi got yet another assist for Baumi's goal! His seventh assist – the most in the Bundesliga!
- Christoph Baumgartner's goal was our sixth from a substitute – again, the most in the division.
- We remain unbeaten in our last ten games in a row against SC Freiburg (six wins, four draws) and have earned our fifth win in succession against SCF.
- RBL's home streak against Freiburg also continues: eight games, six wins, two draws.
- We remain a force to be reckoned with at home in the league and are unbeaten in the Red Bull Arena for the tenth game on the trot. We have played out eight wins and two draws since 1st April 2023.
- With just ten goals conceded, we also have the league's second-best defence behind FC Bayern (nine).
- Our seventh win of the season moves us up to fourth and into the Champions League spots.
Top statistics RBL
- Shots: Lois Openda – 7
- Distance covered: David Raum – 11.8 km
- Fastest player: Lois Openda – 33.56 km/h
- Most challenges won: Xaver Schlager – 10
- Highest pass accuracy: Lukas Klostermann