.Our new arrival Xavi has been shortlisted for the Kopa Trophy, which has been awarded to the best young player in the world since 2018.
The ten nominees for the 2023 Kopa Trophy
- Xavi (RB Leipzig / PSV Eindhoven)
- Jamal Musiala (FC Bayern)
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund / Real Madrid)
- Alejandro Balde (FC Barcelona)
- Eduardo Camavinga (Real Madrid)
- Gavi (FC Barcelona)
- Rasmus Höjlund (Atalanta / Manchester United)
- Pedri (FC Barcelona)
- Antonio Silva (Benfica)
- Elye Wahi (HSC Montpellier / RC Lens)
Our former defender Josko Gvardiol, who is now at Manchester City, has been named on the shortlist of nominees for the 2023 Ballon d’Or as a result of his performances last season. The Croatian is one of 30 players who are up for the prize given to the best footballer of the year.
Ceremony on 30th October
This year will be the 67th time that the prestigious trophy is awarded by the magazine France Football to the best performing footballer of the past year. In addition to the Kopa Trophy being given to the best young player, the Gerd Müller Trophy for the best attacker and the Yashin Trophy for the best goalkeeper will also be awarded. The winners will be announced on 30th October in Paris.