RB Leipzig drew 1-1 at home against FC Bayern Munich on matchday 16.
- Konrad Laimer featured in a competitive game for the first time in four months. His last game for RBL had been the 3-0 win against Dortmund on 10th September on what was Marco Rose’s first match in charge of the club.
- Timo Werner also celebrated his comeback, 79 days after tearing his syndesmosis ligament. He was subbed on in the 67th minute for Emil Forsberg.
- Janis Blaswich (minor calf muscle issue) returned in time for the game against Bayern and featured for the full 90 minutes.
- Abdou Diallo (minor knee irritation) was an unused substitute; David Raum featured for three minutes after recovering from an ankle injury.
More on #RBLFCB:
- Marcel Halstenberg scored his first Bundesliga goal since April 2022, when he scored at home against Hoffenheim. This season, he had previously also scored in the Supercup against Bayern.
- Dominik Szoboszlai set up the equaliser with his eighth assist of the season. Only Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani has provided more assists in 2022/23 (10). Spanning all competitions, Szoboszlai has set up 14 goals.
- Tonight’s attendance against Bayern was 47,069 – the third time this Bundesliga season the Red Bull Arena has been sold out, and the sixth time overall in 2022/23.
- We are now unbeaten in 14 competitive games, extending our undefeated run in the Bundesliga to nine games.
- RBL have scored in each of their last 14 matches.
- Despite our run of eight home wins in a row coming to an end, we are still unbeaten in our last nine games at the Red Bull Arena.
- RBL lead the home league table with 20 points from eight home games.
- The draw doesn’t change the points gap between Leipzig and league leaders Bayern, which remains at six.
- Konrad Laimer picked up his third yellow card in the Bundesliga this season. Xaver Schlager’s booking was his first.
- Most distance covered: Konrad Laimer - 11.8km
- Most shots: Dani Olmo - 3
- Highest tackles won: Emil Forsberg - 67 %
- Most touches: Joško Gvardiol – 77
- Most passes played: Joško Gvardiol - 68
- Highest speed: Lukas Klostermann - 34.38 km/h
- The Red Bulls had 43% possession.
- RBL completed 323 of their 424 attempted passes (78%).
- Leipzig had ten shots, while Bayern had seven.
- RBL won three corners. FCB had two.