Leipzig’s impressive unbeaten run continues with win over Stuttgart
Szoboszlai bags brace against VfB | 16 matches in all competitions without defeat | RBL are the strongest home team in the Bundesliga
Szobo’s brace was enough to secure a 2-1 win over VfB Stuttgart on Friday evening. The victory puts RBL second in the Bundesliga table on 35 points, just one point behind the league leaders. Leipzig have now secured 23 points at home this season, the most of any side in Germany’s top flight!
#RBLVFB post match reaction:
- Dominik Szoboszlai scored his second brace in his 70th game for RBL. His first came at home against Stuttgart in 2021. He has now scored 15 goals in total for Leipzig.
- Our number 17 has now scored three league goals this season and four in all competitions.
- André Silva got the assist for Szobo’s second goal. The Spaniard now has three assists in the Bundesliga this season and eight in all competitions.
Facts about the run:
- RB Leipzig are now 16 games unbeaten in all competitions and Marco Rose’s side haven’t lost in the Bundesliga since matchday 7. It was the 16th game in a row in which we have scored at least one goal.
- We are now 10 games unbeaten at the Red Bull Arena! (W9, D1)
- Last night’s win was RB’s eighth in ten meetings with Stuttgart. We have scored an impressive 18 goals in those ten games and have conceded just three. It was also our fifth home win against the Swabians.
- We have now won ten Bundesliga games this season.
- We are the strongest home team with 23 points from nine games.
- No team has picked up more points in the Bundesliga since Marco Rose took over as head coach (30 points in 13 games).
- Kevin Kampl has served his suspension and will be available for the next league match.
- Mohamed Simakan was back in the squad after his muscular problems but didn’t feature.
- Abdou Diallo missed the Stuttgart game with a knee problem.
- Distance covered (km): Amadou Haidara – 11.7
- Shots: André Silva – 4
- Challenge success rate: Willi Orbán – 71.4%
- Touches: Willi Orbán – 126
- Passes: Willi Orbán – 120
- Top speed: Lukas Klostermann – 34.39 km/h
- Leipzig enjoyed 53% possession.
- We completed 513 of our 596 passes (86%).