Timo Werner hits the 100 goals mark
All-time top-scorer Timo Werner gets goals 100 and 101 | Christo Nkunku stays RBL top-scorer this season| RB Leipzig confirm their good home form in the Bundesliga
- With his goal to put the team 1-0 up, Timo Werner scored his 100th goal for RB Leipzig – doing so in only 169 games. This has consolidated his place as the club’s all-time top-scorer. Timo scored his 101st goal in the same game to put the side 3-0 up.
- Christopher Nkunku scored a penalty to put the side 2-0 up. He then had a second chance from the penalty spot, but thundered it into the right post, missing from the spot for the first time in his Leipzig career. He did, however, score again in the game, giving him 6 goals for the season.
- Marcel Halstenberg got the assist for Timo Werner’s first goal, in the process recording his 40th goal contribution for RBL (15 goals, 25 assists).
- André Silva got an assist for Werner’s second goal with his shot against the post, giving him 30 goal contributions in a Leipzig shirt (19 goals, 11 assists).
- Xaver Schlager played the perfect ball through for the fourth goal, his first goal involvement in a RBL shirt.
Run at home and moving up the table:
- It was the third home win in a row – all without conceding
- The 4-0 win is the joint equal highest win of the season
- Leipzig move up to 10th in the table for now, 5 points off a Champions League place.
The home end of the Red Bull Arena was sold out, with 44,403 supporters in attendance. This meant that after 106 Bundesliga home games the club has hosted over 3 million visitors. In total, 3,032,383 fans have seen first division football at the Red Bull Arena.
- Kilometers run: Kevin Kampl – 11.33 km
- Quickest player: Christopher Nkunku – 34.18 km/h
- Shots on goal: Timo Werner – 8
- Most tackles: Marcel Halstenberg – 15
- Most duels won: Josko Gvardiol – 85.71%
- Most touches: Josko Gvardiol, Willi Orban – both 133
- Highest pass completion percentage: Josko Gvardiol – 95.42% (125 from 131)
- Leipzig ran 112.45 km, more than VfL (110.56 km).
- RBL also dominated the ball, having 66.92% possession.
- The team played 726 passes, with a 90.91% completion rate
- Leipzig also had a better percentage of tackles won (51.87%) and more shots on goal (17:2) and corners (7:2)