RB Leipzig celebrated a 3-0 win at home against Borussia Mönchengladbach. We’ve summed up all the most interesting stats and facts from today’s game.
More on #RBLBMG
- Dani Olmo was subbed on in the 87th minute and made his comeback 43 days after suffering a muscle strain.
- David Raum was shown his fourth yellow card of the season and is just one away from suspension.
- RBL are still unbeaten at home against Borussia Mönchengladbach (W4, D3).
- We have now kept seven clean sheets in the Bundesliga this season.
- Janis Blaswich saved Alassane Pléa’s penalty and ended an unwanted run for the club. Each of the previous 16 penalties that RBL had faced had been converted, since Nürnberg’s Hanno Behrens hit the woodwork on 2nd March 2019.
- Timo Werner has now scored nine goals in 10 games against Gladbach.
- It was his seventh Bundesliga goal of the season (13 overall), with six of them coming on home soil.
- Emil Forsberg has scored 23 of the 25 penalties he has stepped up to take and has now converted each of his last 11 spot-kicks against the Foals.
- Forsberg has scored six Bundesliga goals this season, equalling his return from the whole of last season. The Swede has now scored in four straight games.
- Our goal to make it 3-0 was the 27th time we’ve scored after the break – more than any other side have managed in this timeframe of matches.
- Joško Gvardiol has scored twice already in the Champions League this season and has now scored his first Bundesliga goal in 2022/23. RBL have therefore had 17 different players find the back of the net for them this term – more than any other side and a new club record!
- Gvardiol’s goal was the ninth this season from a defender, while only Gladbach’s defenders have scored as often in 2022/23.
- Benjamin Henrichs (2nd assist of the season), Amadou Haidara (2nd assist of the season) and Yussuf Poulsen (1st assist of the season) set up the goals in today’s 3-0 win.
- We remain in a Champions League spot following our 13th win this season.
- RB Leipzig have now won nine of 12 home games this season, keeping them top of the league’s home form table.
- Distance covered (km): Dominik Szoboszlai – 10.6 km
- Shots: Timo Werner – 4
- Challenge success rate: Joško Gvardiol – 69%
- Touches: Joško Gvardiol – 117
- Top speed (km): Timo Werner – 34.21 km/h
- RBL enjoyed 64% possession.
- RBL covered 113.7 km to Gladbach’s 111.4 km.
- We had 14 shots compared to seven for the Foals.
- RBL were awarded 11 corners, while Gladbach didn’t win any.