Emil becomes RBL's standalone all-time top-scorer in the Champions League
Forsberg scores his tenth Champions League goal in 2-0 win over Celtic | André maintains his impressive Champions League record for RBL | Finally back to winning ways on the road – and at Celtic Park
- Emil Forsberg scored his first Champions League goal this season, and tenth overall, in the process retaking the lead as RB Leipzig’s all-time top scorer in the competition. Before he had held the lead jointly with Christopher Nkunku.
- Forsberg scored his 60th goal for Leipzig and achieved his 15th goal contribution in the Champions League.
- André Silva got an assist meaning that he now has four goal contributions in four Champions League games for RBL this season
- Timo Werner scored his first goal in the Champions League this season and also recorded an assist. He now has eleven goal contributions in 13 games since his return to Leipzig.
- After 117 days, RBL were finally able to win away once again, and at Celtic Park. RBL’s last away win was against Bayer 04 Leverkusen in April.
- It is also the fourth unbeaten game in a row, with three wins in that period.
- RBL kept a clean sheet for the first time in this season’s Champions League.
- No Leipzig player received a card or gave away a foul in their own defensive third of the pitch.
Pictures from #CELRBL
- Having scored a late equaliser against Shahktar Donetsk to draw the game 1-1, the defending Champions have already qualified for the last 16. RBL moved into second place in Group F, so going through is in their own hands.
- RB had 58% possession.
- The team had a pass completion percentage of 87% from 619 passes, whilst for Celtic it was 82%.
- Leipzig recorded no offsides.
- RBL ran 119.4 kilometres to Celtic’s 118.5.