Abdou Diallo ups the intensity
Abdou Diallo working on comeback | Caden Clark in America | Xaver Schlager in rehab training
Latest team news
- Abdou Diallo has been steadily increasing his workload after his knee problems and completed almost the entire training session with the team on Tuesday.. The defender has been sidelined with knee problems for a while now. Diallo last featured for Leipzig in a 3-1 win against Hoffenheim in November 2022.
- Caden Clark has been given a few days off over the international break and will keep himself fit in America. He will return to Leipzig on Tuesday, 28th March.
- Dani Olmo got more important game time in on the weekend against Bochum, and could well back make his return to the starting XI after the international break.
- Xaver Schlager was forced off towards the end of the game against Dortmund (2-1 loss) due to a syndesmosis ligament injury. Xaver has since undergone a successful operation in Munich, but the Austrian will be out for a significant period and is currently in rehab.
- Christopher Nkunku suffered a minor thigh strain against Dortmund and is also now set for a spell on the sidelines.
- During the international break, Aris Bayindir, Max Voigt, Paul Kühnhardt, Chilohem Onuoha, Yannick Eduardo, Lenny Hennig, Miguel Boog and Nuha Jatta will join the first team training sessions.
- Péter Gulácsi (torn right anterior cruciate ligament in October) had to undergo another operation in November 2022 due to bacteria in his operated knee and will be out until the end of the season. Following his rehabilitation programme at the Red Bull Athlete Performance Center (APC) in Thalgau (Austria), our captain is now working on his recovery in Hungary.
- Goalkeeper Timo Schlieck injured himself again after his meniscus injury, now on his left syndemosis. Timo underwent surgery on 26th February and is once again in rehab.