New lighting concept for the Red Bull Arena! Signify – an "Official Partner" of RB Leipzig since 2020 – has implemented a new lighting concept for the home of RB Leipzig.
As the "Stadium of the Future", the Red Bull Arena thus sets new standards in the Bundesliga and offers its fans an incomparable stadium experience thanks to its new lighting.
As part of the partnership, Signify developed a comprehensive lighting concept that included modern conversion work and smart control of the lighting systems. For the new season, numerous areas of the Red Bull Arena – including the external facade – were equipped with the expandable modern and networked lighting, which as an important part of the innovation strategy.
CEO, RB Leipzig:
- "We’re a young club at only twelve years of age. We definitely aim to become more digital and embrace this change. We want to come up with innovative concepts in different areas, including lighting. Together with our partner Signify, we have invested a lot of time and energy into developing an individual concept that makes us very proud. This journey is only just beginning."
Chief Operations Officer, RB Leipzig:
- "We want to offer the best possible stadium experience from the pitch to the stands for both players and fans, as well as those watching from home. A comprehensive approach was important to us: we wanted to take advantage of the diverse possibilities of light in order to support the Red Bull Arena and its various elements. Signify offers a range of brands and products and has supported us with its expertise from planning to implementation. We are happy to be able to place even more focus on fans' emotions."
Sales Director Public DACH region, Signify:
- "With the new lighting in the Red Bull Arena, in close partnership with RB Leipzig, we have set a real example when it comes to stadiums in Germany and Europe. We take great pride in delivering a comprehensive entertainment experience with our innovations in the different areas of the stadium, focusing on the comfort and emotion of the fans."
5 FACTS ON THE NEW LIGHTING:
- 2,200 lights installed
- A further 3,000 planned
- One control system for all lighting areas of the stadium: lighting system is completely networked by the Interact portfolio
- Complete RGB lighting with ColorKinetics in parts for the external presentation of the Red Bull Arena
- 3D-printed lights support the stadium's green footprint
OVER 5,000 LIGHTS IN THE STADIUM
The concept phase started at the beginning of 2020 with ambitious plans for the implementation of the first installations by September 2021. The lighting alone comprises 22 sub-projects that will be realised jointly by the project partners. A total of approximately 2,200 lights will be installed by the end of 2021, with around 3,000 more to follow by the end of 2022. In addition to innovative products, the modern, IoT-supported lighting management system Interact will be used.
The most important sub-projects include the architectural lighting and the entertainment lighting - including the façade, the under-roof and the roof arches with dynamic, coloured LED lighting from ColorKinetics.
VISUAL HIGHLIGHT IN LEIPZIG
Thanks to control with Interact Landmark, the Red Bull Arena can be completely immersed in the desired light that suits the respective situation and becomes a real eye-catcher in the evening sky of Leipzig - for example, when the typical RBL red greets the fans from afar on home match evenings and gets them in the mood for the game. Inside the stadium, visitors in the stands are treated to a new entertainment experience that makes the Red Bull Arena pulsate with a light show in red and white every time RBL hit the back of the net.
This mood is also recreated on the pitch thanks to pitch lighting by Philips ArenaVision, which provides the optimal illumination for UHD and Super-Slow-Mo cameras and, with the help of Interact Sports, also sets the scene for the spectators at home.
EMOTION FOR FANS AND TEAM
New lighting has also been introduced inside the Red Bull Arena. The team will go through their pre-match routine off in the newly designed Mixed Zone with arrow-shaped lights in the RBL colours - a design element that extends throughout the stadium and into the VIP rooms, skyboxes and the fan shop.
In the fan shop, Signify has used its retail experience to provide perfect lighting to present RB Leipzig's extensive merchandise range to the fans. The decorative and functional Philips Telecaster LED lights, which are custom-made and recyclable via 3D printing, enhance the hospitality areas visually and, above all, sustainably.
"HEALTHY" LIGHT & FURTHER PLANS
Additionally, Philips UV-C solutions disinfect the air in the changing room and, in the future, the surfaces at the beer stations, adding an extra layer to the club's hygiene measures. Philips Hue also provides a new level of intense lighting in the gaming room of the eSports team RBLZ Gaming.
With Interact, Signify delivers a comprehensive solution that is fully controllable via a dashboard and can be expanded with modern sensor technology in the future.
And the improvements to the "Stadium of the Future" do not stop there! For 2022 and 2023, the expansion of the lighting concept to include modern route guidance in the Red Bull Arena is planned – including for the surrounding outdoor areas such as access roads, footpaths and cycle paths. This means that fans can look forward to illuminated highlights when visiting the stadium in the future.
SIGNIFY COMPANY INFO:
Signify (Euronext: LIGHT) is the global leader in lighting and illumination solutions for professionals, consumers and lighting in the Internet of Things. With Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-driven services, Signify adds value to businesses and changes home living, in addition to buildings and in urban spaces. With revenues of €6.5 billion in 2020, around 37,000 employees and a presence in over 70 countries, Signify unlocks the extraordinary potential of light for a more comfortable life and a better world. Signify has achieved carbon neutrality, has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for four consecutive years since going public, and was recognised as an industry leader in sustainability in 2017, 2018 and 2019.