- "When you have half a foot in the final, of course you want to win the whole thing. It will be a really tough task in Glasgow, but we want to book our place in the final.
We’re pleased to have kept the clean sheet and got the goal at the end. But it wasn’t a brilliant performance from us and we made hard work of it. We didn’t get in behind the defensive line very often.
Christopher Nkunku is having a fantastic season with us. I don’t criticise him for not taking some chances tonight. Without him, we wouldn’t be here and wouldn’t be in this great run of form in the Bundesliga which has given us the chance to qualify for the Champions League again."
- "A Europa League semi-final isn’t always a spectacle. If it were, I’d have set Rangers up with a back four and more offensively to give us more space. We had a good second half and worked some good opportunities for ourselves. You’re not going to get many more chances.
Rangers will have to come at us in the second leg, perhaps not right from the off, but at some point they will have to attack. Kevin Kampl will be available for us again; he’s very important for us and he’s proven that often.
I’m pleased that Frankfurt also won. We want to get to the final and if it’s an all-German final, that’s even better."
- "The team worked hard for the victory. We had a hold of the game and were just lacking the goal, which we got in the end. It's still a close tie and will definitely not be any easier in Glasgow. We'll do everything to achieve our goal and reach the final.
For my goal I just hit the ball. It’s still very tight but obviously we’re remaining optimistic that we can reach the final next week."
- "Rangers demanded a lot from us, especially in the first half. After the break we did better and created some chances. We have Angel to thank for the great strike. We've put ourselves in a good position for the second leg. Our aim is to get to the final and we're working hard to do so."
- "Our chances of reaching the final are just the same as they were before the game – perhaps only a little bit bigger. However, we still have to play a 90-minute away game, so everything is still wide open. But it was important that we got the 1-0 win. It would be really special to play in the final. We have to be smart and bring it home.
Angeliño scores a lot of long-range goals in training and now he’s done it in a game. The goal was amazing; really nice."