The Red Bulls gave their fans a day to remember on Sunday as they beat Augsburg 4-0 in the final home game of the season (to match report). The three points took Leipzig into the top four and put them back into pole position for Champions League qualification.
Here are some of the statistics from the match, in which Christo Nkunku equalled a Timo Werner record.
Other news from the game:
Facts about the league table:
- It was our 50th competitive match of the season in all competitions.
- Our 17th win put us above SC Freiburg and back into the top four, which would be enough for Champions League qualification.
- The Red Bulls are travelling to Bielefeld on the last day, with Freiburg due to face Leverkusen.
- We have been the form team in the second half of the season. We have eleven wins and 35 points to our name since the winter break (the most of any side) and have scored the most goals (41) and conceded the fewest (14).
Facts about our goals:
- Christopher Nkunku scored in the 48th minute to make it 2-0 and got another just nine minutes later to take his goal tally to 20 for the league season. It was Christo’s 50th match of the campaign and he now has an impressive 54 goal contributions in all competitions (34 goals, 20 assists.)
- Nordi Mukiele celebrated his 100th Bundesliga appearance by getting two assists and winning a penalty.
- André Silva's opener was his eleventh of the season.
- Emil Forsberg was one again ice-cold from twelve yards. He scored his fourth penalty of the season and is currently on six goals. He has successfully converted 13 of his 15 penalties in the Bundesliga.
- RBL are now on 71 goals for the season after the 4-0 win.
Facts about the defence:
- It was our 17th clean sheet of the season and our tenth in the Bundesliga.
- Péter Gulácsi has nine clean sheets and Philipp Tschauner impressively got a clean sheet on his debut.
- We have only conceded 36 goals in the league. Only Bayern have a better defensive record with 35 goals conceded.
- Christopher Nkunku's brace put him on 34 goals for the season and he equalled Timo Werner’s record from the 2019/20 campaign in the process. With two games still to play, he has the chance to hold the top-spot outright.
- RB Leipzig have picked up 35 points since the Winter break, which is a club record in the second half of the season. This is an impressive feat with one league game still to play.
- Phillipp Tschauner, who is set to retire this summer, was brought on in the 88th minute for his first competitive Leipzig appearance. The 36-year-old became Leipzig’s oldest ever Bundesliga player, a record previously held by Fabio Coltorti.
Other match facts:
- Expected Goals: 4.63 vs. 0.3.
- The Red Bulls also ran more than FC Augsburg and completed more sprints.
- Leipzig had roughly two-thirds of the possession.
- We had a total of 16 shots. Eight were on target and four were converted into goals.
RBL's top performers:
- Most distance covered (Km): Kevin Kampl – 11.45 Km
- Quickest player: Konrad Laimer – 34.63 km/h
- Most shots: André Silva – 4
- Percentage of duels won: Christopher Nkunku – 92.86 per cent (13/14)
- Most touches: Willi Orban – 114
- Pass success: Willi Orban – 98.13 per cent (105/107)