For the environment.
The environment and ecological issues have become more important to us at our club as well as in wider society. We’d like to use our reputation as well as that of football in general to draw attention to important issues, discussions and maybe even initiate behavioural changes.
We’ve defined three key ecological issues which we are consciously working to address as part of our sustainability strategy, and we’ve set ourselves clear future goals for these.
We’ve already begun to implement several measures to address these ecological issues.
- Closer inspection of our carbon footprint with the goal of a gradual reduction
- Implementation of an energy management system in accordance with ISO 50001
- Reduced usage and avoidance of plastic (specifically single-use plastic)
- Vegetarian and vegan food options for players and employees
- Conversion of RBL’s transport vehicles to Hybrid and e-vehicles
- Expansion of e-vehicle-charging infrastructure
- Support of environmentally-friendly mobility for fans and employees, including job tickets, free use of public transport with the purchase of an RBL ticket, “work bikes” for employees
- Mobile ticketing
- Conversion to digital information provision for fans
Measures pertaining to the Red Bull Arena:
- Change to LED floodlights
- Vegetarian and vegan food options
- Re-usable cup deposit system
- Selection of regional partners and service providers
- Bicycle garage for fans and VIP guests on matchdays
- All public catering packaging made from recycled material
- Organic sweets and organic soft drinks
- Water-conserving toilet systems
- Passing on of the stadium’s old seats to local clubs and recycling of the old seats (together with the University of Leipzig)
- Community project “SEATainability” together with the Leipzig College for Technology, Economics and Culture